When there's nothing left but skinned raw nerves~
this is the place to put it.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008


For Once, I'm JOYOUS


Today is election day...



and my joy runneth over.

In fact, I've already chosen my 'gladrags' to begin dancing in the streets! (The "O's" are for OBAMA.)


There is nothing to bitch about today. Today-- after eight years of shame, I am proud of this country. Proud of the way we've been turning out-- standing in lines, no violence-- and dirty tricks at a minimum thus far.

I think we've finally got a shot at truly becoming an amalgam of all races, all creeds-- one voice -- able to show a more compassionate, rational and decent face to the world.

This is the Day Of Jubilee, people. No matter what happens at the end of this, I'm proud of us. All day long I've been tearing up by reading the personal remarks of voters. All day long I have been reading about people being happy and feeling responsible, empowered to take part in the making of history- and I'm so joyous to see the slumbering awake and begin to make noise, to take this to a mandate if possible.

(Oh, and the lovely woven metal garment above? That wondrous creation was made by artist
Susan McGehee
.) Click on her name. Go on......pick something out for yourself. It's time for a big ol' celebration, folks, and God bless us, every one.